1. South East Asian Airlines (SEAIR) and Microtel Inns & Suites will be choosing eight lucky bloggers to join an all-expense paid bloggers’ tour of Boracay from September 10 to 12, 2010. This includes round-trip tickets from Manila to Caticlan and accommodation at Microtel Boracay.
2. To be selected, you will have to write a blog entry telling us why you should be chosen to join the tour. Each blog entry must have a link to the SEAIR website, the SEAIR Facebook Fan Page, and the Microtel Philippines wesbite.
3. You can publish your entry from 12:00 a.m. of July 26, 2010 to 11:59 p.m. of August 20, 2010. Only one entry per blog will count.
4. To let us know about your blog entry, post it as a link in the SEAIR Facebook Fan Page. It has to be posted from 12:00 a.m. of July 26, 2010 to 11:59 p.m. of August 20, 2010. Once it is acknowledged by our administrator, your entry is counted.
5. Three winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on which is the most compelling. The top three entries with the highest scores from the judges will be invited to the tour.
6. Three winners will be selected by fans based on the number of “likes” to the link. The three entries with the most number of “likes” by 11:59 p.m. of August 25, 2010 will be invited to the tour.
7. One winner will the selected by the SEAIR Adventure Club. The entry with the most number of votes from our resident travel bloggers will be invited to the tour.
8. One winner will be selected at random in a manner to be determined by the organizers.
9. We will notify the eight (8) winners on August 27, 2010. In case any of the winners cannot make it, we will invite the one next in line.
10. The decision of the organizers in final. Good luck to everyone!
What the hell did I get myself into? I was in a bit of panic-mode just a few weeks before I was supposed to run my first ever full marathon at the TBR’s Dream Marathon (a marathon for beginners) event held last May 22 at Nuvali, Sta. Rosa Laguna. On race day, I felt a lot better, energized and inspired. It was indeed a dream come true when I finally crossed the finish line after running for almost 6 hours. I completed my first full marathon.
When you finish a marathon, your legs would become so sore you’d be walking like a duck for the next few days. So after completing the marathon, the plan was to find a cheap hotel to stay overnight and possibly get a nice soothing massage as well. Luckily, the wifey and I ended up booking a cottage at Sonya’s Garden Bed & Breakfast. It’s not exactly cheap, but our stay there was very pleasant and relaxing as always.
It was actually our second time at Sonya’s. I love the food and their freshly squeezed dalandan juice so much. The following day, I felt rejuvenated but could still barely walk straight, and we headed back to Manila.
SEAIR will be offering a special promo only available online in celebration of Mother’s Day on May 9, 2010.
Ticket purchases on May 9 – 15, 2010 for travel from June 16 to October 15, 2010 can get a P1430 discount per roundtrip in any route, by just typing “seairmothersday2010” in the promo code field when booking online at www.FlySeair.com. The promo is valid for limited seats.
SEAIR would like to wish all mothers a very happy mother’s day.
To avail of the promo book online at www.FlySeair.com
February 24. It was a bright sunny day. After about an hour and a half, we have finally landed at the El Nido Lio Airport. My wife and I along with some travel blogger buddies have been waiting for this much needed weekend getaway to El Nido, located at the northwestern tip of Palawan.
We flew via Seair’s LET 410 which was suited for short-ranged travels and unpaved airstrips. This was my second or third time to fly in this plane. The El Nido airport runway was literally a strip of (dusty) land and could only accommodate small planes.
Since Seair flights to El Nido happen only twice a week, our group stayed in El Nido from Wednesday to Sunday. That’s 5 days and 4 nights of relaxation and strenuous but fun-filled island hopping activities. We stayed at the Marina Garden Beach Resort. There were three of us who shared a single air-conditioned room with 2 beds (and an extra mattress upon request). Although there were a few other cheaper alternative resorts, Marina was reasonably priced and the place is okay.
We spent P3,500 per head for 4 nights inclusive of breakfasts. There’s free WiFi at Marina too but in this part of Palawan, electricity is only available from 2pm – 6am so you’ll be forced to go out and explore. I did bring a laptop to answer any emergency work-related emails.
Marina Garden Beach Resort: For inquiries, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our front desk at +63-917-624-7722 or +63-908-884-3711.
El Nido is famous for its pristine beaches and majestic islands where people can go island hopping. All the trips and tours are already “packaged” so to speak (Tour A, Tour B, Tour C, or combination) and the locals are very friendly and hospitable. You just hire a boat that comes with 2 boatmen who’ll take care of cooking lunch for the group as well.
All throughout our stay, we tied our Tour A and Tour C. So that’s 2 days of snorkeling and island hopping. Some of the paces we got to experience were: Small Lagoon, Big Lagoon, Secret Beach, etc. There were a whole lot of other places and things to do in El Nido.
SEAIR resumes direct flights to El Nido
SEAIR resumes direct flights from Manila to scenic El Nido, Palawan on November 18, 2009. SEAIR flies Manila-El Nido-Manila every Wednesday and Sunday.
El Nido is located in the northernmost tip of Palawan and is part of the El Nido-Taytay Managed Resource Protected Area, the largest marine sanctuary in the entire Philippines. This group of islands is a perfect destination for divers and snorkelers as well as beach and island-hoppers with over 30 dive sites and more than 50 beaches and hidden lagoons. Aside from its diverse fauna, El Nido also showcases a striking geological wonder: limestone cliffs that were carved extensively from thick layers of coralline deposits
Yet another SEAIR promo. Planning to travel to Boracay this March 2010? Then read on…
SEAIR Announces Special Anniversary Promos
Southeast Asian Airlines (SEAIR), the Philippines’ premiere leisure airline, offers special anniversary promos in celebration of its 15th anniversary on March 25, 2010.
Travelers can avail of the special morning rates of as low as PhP 1,999.20 per way all-in when they book as early as February for travel from March 2010 onwards. The special rates are available for limited seats for all flights to and from Boracay before 7 a.m.
SEAIR is also offering exclusive discounts for online bookings. Vacationers can get PhP 1,500.00 discount per way for all seats, flights and routes when they book via www.FlySeair.com. To avail of the promo, online users can type iloveseair15 in the promo code field when booking on Jan. 11-18 for travel on Feb. 19-March 26, as well as when booking on March 14-25 for travel on June 15-Oct. 15.
This is SEAIR’s way of thanking travelers for their continued support. The airline has been serving key tourist destinations since 1995, most notably Boracay, and has the longest history of uninterrupted service to Boracay direct via Caticlan.
SEAIR now offers up to 27 flights per day to Boracay (Caticlan) and is now flying daily to the island paradise of Batanes. It also flies to El Nido, Palawan every Wednesday and Sunday, as well as Marinduque every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
SEAIR is the nation’s second-oldest airline and has flown almost 3 million passengers to local destinations including Tablas (Romblon), Cebu, Clark, Zamboanga, Jolo, and Tawi-tawi. SEAIR also offers the most routes from Caticlan with flights from Caticlan to Manila v.v., Caticlan to Clark v.v and Caticlan to Cebu v.v.
To avail of the SEAIR 15th anniversary promos call SEAIR Reservations at (632)8490100 or book online at www.FlySeair.com. Join SEAIR Facebook Fan Page for updates on promos.